There are just two steps to start staking:
Make sure that you do not have the command staking=0 in your crave.conf file. To check this, go to Tools > Open Wallet Configuration File.
- If your crave.conf is either blank or contains staking=1, you can move on to the next step. This is default setting.
- If your crave.conf contains the line staking=0, you must change this to staking=1. Then, restart your wallet for this change to take effect.
Go to Settings > Unlock Wallet, and you should see the following screen (if you do not see the option to unlock wallet, that likely means that you have not encrypted your wallet, which is highly recommended, for your own sake).
- Simply check the 'For anonymization and staking only' box, enter your passphrase, and select 'OK'.
- Back in your wallet interface, in the bottom right-hand corner, you should now see a green arrow that says 'Staking is active'.
- Depending on when you sent coins to your wallet, you may have to wait 8 hours, which is the staking minimum age. As long as you see the green arrow and keep your wallet open and online, you are eligible for staking rewards.